IE 11 is not supported. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser.

Put a smile on her face with these editor-approved Mother’s Day gifts — starting at $7

Mom deserves to feel special on her day.
Vivian Le / TODAY

Bestselling gifts | Editor-approved gifts | How we chose

The mother figures in our lives should be celebrated every day of the year, but Mother's Day is one of those days when we can make them feel extra special — which is partially why searching for the right gift can feel overwhelming.

From affordable finds to splurge picks, our Shop TODAY editors shared the tried-and-true products they've gifted their leading lady over the years.

Shop TODAY Snapshot

There's something for every mom!

Mother's Day bestseller gifts

LovePop Mother's Day Tulip Pop-Up Cards

If you want to gift mom flowers that will never wilt, we love these pop-up flower bouquet cards that she can display in her home. And there are tons of designs to choose from including a card with a mini bouquet, and stand-alone bouquets of hydrangeas or butterflies.

Little Words Project Mama Bracelet

These friendship-style bracelets are very on-trend this season — and we can definitely see why. They're stackable, can be paired with any bracelet or watch and there are tons of options. You can opt for pre-made picks like "Mama" or "Grandma," or try one of their completely customizable options. Use her name, inspiring words or phrases to create something that'll make her feel extra special.

Golden State Art Kid Art Frames

This option comes in a pack of two and has a variety of colors to choose from, including blue, walnut and black. The brand says these frames can hold up to 50 pieces of artwork, which is great for storage and organization.

Easy Plant Self-Watering Plants

According to the brand, these plants have a self-watering reservoir, making them a perfect option for beginners, too. The vase comes with a lid that allows you to check if it's time to refill the reservoir, and you'll only have to refill it about once a month. The retailer offers a variety of plant options, from small snake plants to ZZ plants.

Mother's Day editor-approved gifts

Zazzle Custom Citrus Lemon Pattern Recipe Binder

Page Laura Millar just bought this recipe binder to give to her mom for Mother’s Day this year. "Her mother (my grandma) has a ton of great Italian recipes she makes for us all the time. She’s talked about writing them all out, so she has them in one place," she explains.

Millar jumped at the opportunity to personalize this binder. "I customized it so it says “Nonna’s Recipes” on the front! It’s really cute and holds a lot."

Owala FreeSip Stainless Steel Water Bottle

“My mom is a school teacher, so she is always on her feet and hardly has a moment to rest,” says editorial assistant Madison San Miguel. “But she always has a water bottle on hand to keep her hydrated and attentive all day — and this Owala one happens to be her favorite.” San Miguel also notes that the bottle has kept her mother’s drinks cool and leak-proof all-day, so it is perfect for moms who are constantly moving.

Beaulasting Preserved Roses

Associate editor Allie Wise gifted her mom these preserved flowers last year, mainly because they require little-to-no maintenance. “I figured my mom has enough to do, so this way she could enjoy an arrangement of gorgeous roses without having to take care of them daily...like she does with all her kids!” jokes Wise.

These long-lasting flowers are designed to live up to a year and make a stunning addition to any coffee table or windowsill. Each box contains seven roses and you can pick from vibrant shades like yellow and hot pink.

LAFCO New York Champagne Candle

Social editorial assistant Annie Shigo is planning to get her mom one of these LAFCO candles for Mother's Day this year. "She is always buying candles and these scents are so universal that I know she will love them."

This champagne candle has notes of ginger, grapefruit and raspberry for a rich, luxurious scent. Featuring hand-blown glass vessels, each candle is exquisitely unique in its own way to surely make mama feel special.

Amtrak Digital Gift Card

It's no secret that traveling can be expensive, so help mom get to you with this digital gift card from Amtrak. "I’m always looking for ways for her to save some extra money when it comes to making trips back to New York, so I will surprise my mom with this in her email on Mother’s Day morning," says senior editor Jess Bender.

Joseph's Studio by Roman Last Supper Figure

Commerce writer Jannely Espinal gave her mom this 'The Last Supper" sculpture years ago and she still talks about it to this day. "She told me this has been one of her favorite gifts of all time because of its religious meaning. I always see it on the table or her room when I visit back home, and it's one of her most precious decor pieces," says Espinal.

Brooklyn Bagel Par-Baked Bagels & Cream Cheese

"My mom (a lifelong New Yorker) recently moved out of state to a place that’s void of quality carbs," says Bender. "In an effort to give her a taste of home, I’ll probably ship her a dozen bagels from one of my favorite haunts, along with plenty of schmear to hold her over until she makes her way back to the Big Apple."

Choose from her favorite flavors like cinnamon raisin, everything and blueberry to curate her own mouth-watering bag of bagels. It's a great gift for the mom who is a total foodie. Plus, it means she won't have to cook breakfast on her special day.

Maison Margiela Replica Jazz Club

One thing San Miguel’s mom always requests for Mother’s Day? Fragrance. “She especially loves unisex and layerable scents, which this one is.”

Maison Margiela’s Replica Jazz Club is one of the brand’s most popular fragrances because of its delicious notes of clove oil, chestnut accord and vanilla accord. Any mom who is into warm and spicy scents will surely enjoy everything this one has to offer.

Andine Soleil Tuscany Pant

Who said you can’t wear pajamas in public? Have your mom stay cozy while she’s running errands or conducting meetings in Andine’s Soleil Tuscany Pant. “These are so soft, and make the perfect gift for a mom who is on-the-go, but still wants to wear something cute,” remarks Shigo. “You can wear them to bed and out-and-about.”

Duluth Trading Co. Heirloom Gardening Bib Overalls

If your mom is known for having a green thumb, this is the ultimate gift for her this Mother's Day. Bender plans to give her mom a pair of these overalls after a fellow editor told her about them. Available in six unique shades and sizes XXS-XXL, these gardening overalls are designed to fit women of many shapes and sizes.

Petite Plume Pima Wide Leg Pajama Set

Shigo is a big fan of these wide-leg pajamas from Petite Plume that are available in five hues. "I think these are so personal with a monogram and a great gift. The fabric is really cooling and makes you feel so put together to go to sleep," she says.

These comfortable pajamas are made of 100% Peruvian Pima cotton and come in sizes XS-XL.

Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau de Toilette Spray

“This is my mom’s absolute favorite scent, and I’ve gotten it for her multiple times,” says commerce editor Amanda Fama. “It’s so fresh, and over the years, it’s become my favorite, too,” she admits.

This luxe fragrance features key notes of citrus, apple and bamboo for a fresh citrusy, floral scent.

Hand and Stone Wellness Gift Card

“My mom loves a spa day together, and we’ve done facials/massages here a few times,” says associate editor Lauren Witonsky. Choose from relaxing services such as hot stone massages and facials in order to give back to the one woman who has given you so much over the years. Every woman deserves a little pampering, right?

Dior J'adore Eau de Parfum & Body Milk Set

Associate editor Kamari Stewart is no stranger to this Dior fragrance as her mom asks for a restock of it every year for Mother’s Day. "I usually take it one step further and buy a gift set like this one or one that has a travel-sized version of the fragrance if it’s available, so she has more than enough to last her through the year. She knows it’s coming but gets just as excited every single year."

This elegant set features J’adore Eau de Parfum and J’adore Lait Sublime body milk. It is also the perfect scent for spring as it has fruity floral notes of ylang-ylang and jasmine.

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite

Associate editor Sierra Hoeger chipped in with her sister last year to buy her mom this Kindle for Mother’s Day. “I swear I got my love of reading from her, so it was an obvious choice in terms of gifts!” she says. This Kindle features an adjustable warm light for nighttime reading and comes in three hues.

“While she loves a physical book, she’s constantly traveling to my sister’s basketball games and the Kindle just makes sense for reading when my parents are driving at night,” Hoeger says.

Jolie The Filtered Showerhead

“I’m very practical when it comes to gifts. At the top of my wish list this year is the Jolie filter showerhead," explains deals editor and (mother of two) Rebecca Brown. "Mother’s Day is a day I block off for uninterrupted self-care, and if that means I get to install a new showerhead that’ll not only give me softer hair but remove harmful chemicals from the water, I’ll be the happiest mom in town.”

How we chose

Shop TODAY editors and writers search the internet to find the best products out there. We interview expert sources and use our own personal experiences to make shopping easier for our readers.